Cowell & Hubbard, Cleveland’s premier jewelry store, was founded in 1861. As growth of the city spanned further east, Cowell & Hubbard moved their store to 1305 Euclid Avenue. Zack Bruell’s reincarnation of this space welcomes his latest culinary destination into the heart of PlayhouseSquare. With such history attached to the building, Bruell found it not only fitting to pay homage to its past in name, but in plating brilliant treasured dishes that his customers have grown to expect.
Photographs courtesy of the Cleveland Public Library Photograph Collection, PlayhouseSquare Archives, Special Collections, Michael Schwartz Library, Cleveland State University, Bruce Young Collection.